Katella Delicatessen-Restaurant-Bakery, Inc. located in Orange County in the city of Los Alamitos. We are looking for a talented, passion-driven Prep Cook to add to our team! We have a full service restaurant, bar and lunch counter. We also feature an award-winning Bakery and Deli and Food To Go.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager or Restaurant Manager on Duty
Job Scope: The Prep Cook ensures the highest quality food is prepared per the exact recipe specification at all times. The Prep Cook is responsible for all aspects of their assigned station – cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, and other products using a variety of tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Ensures the Line Cooks stocked with basic, critical items throughout the shift; and cleans, sanitizes, and maintains equipment, utensils and tools.
• Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Understands and compiles consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, wall grills, fryers, sauté burners, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Stocking the alley and line with items need to complete orders on time.
• Store and rotate food supply using the first-in first out system.• Stocking the alley and line with items need to complete orders on time.
• Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages or equipment is not working properly.
• Using standard recipe card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or of other employees.
• Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety.
• Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with requested items.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager or manager on duty.
Hours: Various shifts available
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking is preferred.
• Must have good knife skills and know how to read and follow recipes.
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively within a team.
• Must be able to work quickly in a confined area and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with coworkers.
• Fluent in English and Spanish is preferred.
• Strong attention to detail with knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures.
• Continuous use of hands and arms, along with bending, reaching, twisting.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, as needed.
•Ability to work in elevated temperatures.
• Knowledgeable in safe food handling and sanitation, along with safety cooking procedures.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• California Food Handler Card is required for all foodservice employees who prepare, store, serve food.
Interested and well-qualified candidates with relevant work experience should send a resume and their availability to email@example.com